Meet the Governors: Bob Bronow
Name: Bob Bronow
Peer Group: Sound
New or Returning Governor? New
Describe your day Job: I’m a re-recording mixer for television and films at Smart Post Sound.
Credits of which you are most proud:
- Genius: The creativity and talent of all the people involved with the production sets the bar very high and I like to push myself.
- The Wrecking Crew: An amazing story that needed to be told.
- Deadliest Catch: I started with the show on season one (2004) when we all called it “The Crab Show”. This year I’m mixing season 14.
Why did you want to be a Television Academy governor?: I love being part of the process. I’ve been on the sound PGEC (as much as the rules allow) for the past 14 years. I love the work that the Academy does and wanted to be a part of it.
What do you hope to accomplish as a governor?:
- Make sure that our peer group members get the recognition that they deserve.
- Stay on top of technologies that affect sound mixing so that the sound peer group can continue to evolve
- Promote awareness of the art and craft of sound mixing. Educate the public to what we do and why it matters.
Add Your Comment
December 06, 2019
November 22, 2019
The Television Academy honored five new members into the Television Academy Hall of Fame. See the presentations, acceptances, and a photo gallery of the festivities.
Watch the 72nd Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 20 on ABC.
Congratulations to the nominees representing 18 colleges and universities