JBS Mashed Potatoes
Chef Joaquim's side dish is out of this world — and could easily become the main dish! His original recipe serves 20, so we scaled it back to yield 6 hearty portions.
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
- Peel and quarter Yukon potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a large stock pot and cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, bring down to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Heat heavy cream in a sauce pot until hot.
- Strain potatoes and pass through food mill or mash into a new bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and cold butter and whisk until combined.
- Season to taste with salt.
Potato Topping Recipe
- Top with finely minced chives
- Applewood smoked bacon, sautéed golden
- Crème fraiche (or sour cream)
- Housemade truffle butter (recipe below)
Truffle Butter Recipe
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- White truffle oil "to taste"
- If available, 1/2 ounce minced fresh truffles
- Soften butter by bringing to room temperature.
- Mix in truffles and truffle oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Watch the presentation May 30 here. Jimmy Fallon, Tichina Arnold, Kelly McCreary, Ryan Michelle Bathe, and Drew and Jonathan Scott Among Presenters
An in-depth conversation with creators, technologists and thought leaders creating engaging content leveraging aspects of live production in the midst of social distancing.
Watch content submitted For Your Consideration.