Orange Is the New Black
With more than three times the Facebook and Twitter engagement produced as last week’s Social Buzz, fans were clearly in the mood to curl up on the couch with their snacks and binge-watch some of their favorite shows.
The premieres and finales on this week’s social DVR: The Fosters, TURN, Younger, Bones, Orange is the New Black, and Defiance. As per usual, we investigated how audiences reacted to each show’s content to determine which of the following got them sharing and discussing on social.
- The family dealing with the aftermath of the accident on the premiere of The Fosters
- Abe plotting Major Hewlett's assassination on the finale of TURN
- Liza forcing “the talk” with Josh on the finale of Younger
- Booth and Brennan uncovering crime scene evidence reminiscent of an old enemy on the finale of Bones
- A LOT of mixed feelings about family on the Netflix release of Orange is the New Black
- Nolan and Irisa’s rescue from their underground confinement by a mysterious force in the premiere of Defiance
Orange is the New Black arrested the most user engagements, successfully securing 1.3MM likes, comments, shares, retweets and favorites for a 45.9% market share. The Fosters adopted enough engagements for second place, with 704.0K engagements for a market share of 25.6%.
Just because a show is able to rack up a lot of engagement volume doesn’t mean that it also has the most reactive audience. However, here Orange is the New Black locked up this category as well with die hard fans generating 627.4 engagements per 1K users. Younger had their fans and followers gossiping at a rate of 560.6 engagements per 1K users—enough to grab second place among the shows analyzed.
Orange is the New Black