The Television Academy, based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of over 24,000 members, representing 30 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Information Systems Specialist
The Television Academy in North Hollywood, California is looking for an Information Systems Specialist.
This a non-exempt/hourly position reporting to the Manager, IT.
The Information Systems Specialist serves as the main point of contact for technical support issues involving the IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications and provides onsite direct support on Hardware, Networking, Printing, and Software applications for Television Academy and Foundation staff and related personnel. The Information Systems Specialist also provides technical support and guidance at internal and external events requiring Internet, computers, networking, and other computer-related equipment. The Information Systems Specialist also works on special projects under direction of the Manager, IT.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining, upgrading, repairing and configuring IT systems;
- Perform Tier 1 and Tier 2 desktop support.
- Set up and deploy new workstations; install software/applications; set up mobile devices, printers, and network switches.
- Provide administration, maintenance, and support on Networking, Security, Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Office 365, Citrix XenApp, Storage Systems, SQL, Symantec Backup Exec, VMware Virtualization.
- Provide administration and support for Television Academy Digital Asset Management System.
- Provide set up, administration, and support of various mobile devices such as Android, iPad, and iPhone.
- Provide technical support for printers, order/install supplies.
- Monitor Nightly Backups; troubleshoot Backup issues; perform testing.
- Providing phone/voicemail administration, adds, moves, and changes as well as training.
- Provide necessary IT and AV support for on- and off-site Television Academy and Foundation events, activities, meetings, etc. which may occur during or outside of regular Academy business hours.
- Supervise IT temp staff and vendors.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior management; evaluate and recommend new technologies for enhancing business processes and reducing cost.
- Work on Special IT Projects under the Senior Director, Digital.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an IT Support Technician/Technical Support Specialist in a cross-platform environment.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server, and Macintosh OS X.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and usability of various software programs including Microsoft Office, Modern Browsers, Adobe Creative Cloud, Symantec and other programs as needed.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and usability of Active Directory (AD), Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Office 365, Citrix XenApp, Storage Systems (HP P2000/MSA/VSA), Microsoft SQL Server, Symantec Backup Exec, Virtualization (VMware Sphere).
- Thorough knowledge of network administration, maintenance, and trouble-shooting. Fluent with TCP/IP, LAN, DHCP, DNS, and VPN. Basic administration of Cisco/Juniper switches, Firewall, and Routers.
- Experience with Avaya IP Office PBX, VoIP, handset and voicemail programming, or with other phone systems.
- Experience with ERP/CRM software.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other technical staff, users, and vendors.
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive tasks.
- Ability to respond to and analyze crisis situations and make decisions in the absence of supervisor or other management personnel.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Able and willing to take direction from supervisor and senior management.
- Ability to grasp and understand the organization's culture, goals, objectives and business processes and adapt accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present ideas, information, and explain complex concepts in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Valid Driver's License and access to a reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment such as computers and peripherals.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components.
Preferred Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in IT, IS, or MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Computer certification a plus, i.e. MCSE, CCNA, etc.
- Experience with Dynamics GP, iMIS and Salesforce.
- Experience with digital asset management systems, infrastructure, processes.
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends if requested or required.