The Television Academy, based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of over 24,000 members, representing 30 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for these positions:
Asset Management Coordinator
The Television Academy is looking for an Asset Management Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director, Digital and the direction of the Digital Project Manager, the Asset Management Coordinator is primarily responsible for project assistance across all digital projects for the Television Academy and Television Academy Foundation brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance/coordinator of various digital initiatives that may include:
- Digital Asset Management – site support, asset tagging, staff training
- Online Voting – LA, Primetime – testing support
- Viewing Platform – testing support, Video QC support (FYC, CTA, LA Area, Honors), Network customer service & troubleshooting
- Awards submissions – testing
- Other digital projects as required
- Production support of various digital initiatives that may include:
- Emmy magazine video shoot support
- Crew call support
- Emmys.com video upload support
- Third-party partner video support
- Sneak peek upload support
- Backstage LIVE! production support
- Live event streaming support, as needed
- Clip requests
- Works with all facets of the organization on digital systems & projects as required
- Review and report analytics on system performance as required
- Performs other duties as required and/or requested
- 3+ years’ experience working on digital systems
- Customer service experience
- Training experience
- Requires high energy level and ability to sustain enthusiastic, optimistic approach.
- Strategic thinker, inventive, creative, dynamic, adaptive, collaborative, and flexible.
- Experience working with multiple parties utilizing strong diplomatic skills to drive consensus and drive approval for ongoing strategies needed. A high sensitivity to what the Television Academy represents and imparts is needed to work effectively internally.
- High level creativity - ability to generate new ideas and innovation
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Proficient time management skills
- Results oriented
- Takes initiative, self-directed and can work independently
- Experience in television or entertainment digital space a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Customer service oriented.
Qualified applicants should submit resume with cover letter to:
Director, Event Production
The Television Academy is looking for a Director, Event Production.
The position is full time and exempt.
This role will support the development of a year-round event strategy and will have an integral role in developing budgets, production timelines and will guide project teams from idea generation through to event execution. This role will manage various internal and cross functional teams. This position will also interact with various Committees and corporate sponsors.
Reporting to the Vice President, Event Production, the Director of Event Production will manage the planning and execution of various live events directly produced by the Television Academy, including Activities/Panel Events, various Television Academy Foundation events and other event related logistics associated with the Creative Arts and Primetime Emmys. The role will coordinate and direct all pre-planning and execution of various production elements and event logistics associated with these events. This position will be expected to interact and collaborate with personnel from other Academy departments including media and brand management, marketing, talent relations, corporate partnerships, the Television Academy Foundation as well as the entire event production team. This role will also manage other tasks as requested or assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an event production staff liaison to the Activities Committee
- Participate in creation and development of new Academy-wide activities
- Accountable for the execution of Academy Activities after event approval, including financial responsibility for budgeting and reconciliation
- Manage approximately one event per quarter which includes all pre-production and on-site management of each event
- Communicate and collaborate with various internal and cross functional teams, including the scheduling, planning and management of pre-production development meetings and production meetings
- Work closely with the talent relations department by collaborating on the development of the event content to ensure the talent will be the right fit for the activity
- Communicate and work with talent relations on the selection of panelists as well as the choice and acquisition of clips for each activity
- Follow Event Production department templates for budget forecasts and reconciliation, production timelines and run of show documents
- Produce and coordinate staging, lighting, video, event flow from registration to load out and other event logistics associated with each activity
- Produce and manage several Television Academy Foundation events such as Public Programs as executed in the theatre, golf tournament support and other Foundation events as needed
- Manage and produce receptions, mixers and other events as needed
- Participate in the management of Creative Arts Emmys and Primetime Emmy logistics as needed, including Performers Nominee Reception, Governors Ball and sponsor activations
- Performs other duties as required and/or requested
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressive project and event production management experience in the event industry
- Proven experience as an event producer, project leader in a live entertainment environment with a proven track record of producing innovative experiences with high production value
- Excellent communication skills. Possesses a strong ability to manage various teams of vendors and internal teams
- Ability to establish relationships and follow through on commitments and decisions
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually and creatively
- Thorough understanding of developing budgets and production timelines
- Computer proficient, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage event teams effectively, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced and frequently changing environment
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Bachelor's Degree (Production, Communications, Performing Arts or equivalent)
Qualified applicants should submit resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 06, 2019
November 22, 2019
Amy Poehler says yes to acting, writing, producing and directing. And given the chance, everyone says yes to working with her.
The Television Academy Foundation Online Auction is open! Bid on one-of-a-kind experiences!
Go behind the scenes with Amy Poehler in our emmy magazine cover shoot.